Monday, November 3, 2008

imedia: Kanye West's concert

This video personally strike me because I was right there. I worked at Lollapalooza and I got to see many of my favorite band perform. Kanye West has been a huge icon in American music and media since he began his career. I have listened to him for years because he has a different sound and image to him. He came from nothing growing up in Chicago and now he is known around the world. Him performing in his home city with thousands of people listening must symbolize to him how far he truly has come and what he has been through throughout it all. Even though he came off as quite arrogant during the Grammy's many people still respect him and what he has accomplished. He is a role model to thousands of people around the world and he will stay that way as long as he succeeds.

1 comment:

Joe Lanphere said...

In this post, Conor expresses his feelings about seeeing his favorite band live. I too, just recently saw my favorite band in concert and i will never forget the night. It was truly a once in a life time experience.